Office of the President
Freedom of Expression and Related Responsibilities and Resources
Fresno State is committed to ensuring that all persons may exercise their constitutionally protected rights of free expression, speech, assembly and worship, even in instances in which the positions expressed may be viewed by some as controversial or unpopular.
In exercising these rights, everyone associated with the University will be inspired to observe and reinforce our deeply held Principles of Community, respecting the rights of others to their own opinions and promoting respectful discourse on points of disagreement.
- Principles of Community
- University’s statement on academic freedom (PDF) (APM 103)
- Policy on Time, Place and Manner of Free Expression (PDF) (D-19)
- Academic Senate's Statement on Freedom of Speech (PDF)
- Faculty members’ rights and responsibilities (PDF) (APM 336)
- Student code of conduct
- Student Conduct: Concerning or Disruptive Students
- Concern & Action Guide