Title IX Task Force
Charge to the Fresno State Title IX Task Force
- Fresno State is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational,
working, and residential environment for the students, faculty, staff, and other members
of the campus community.
- The institution aspires to provide all students and employees with an environment
that is free from sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence,
sexual exploitation, and stalking. The institution is committed to maintaining an
inclusive and equitable community that values diversity and fosters mutual respect.
- The Task Force is charged to:
- Ensure that Fresno State will become a leader in preventing and combating sexual harassment and assault.
- Identify strategies for building a culture of trust and transparent process for reporting and responding to incidents of sexual harassment and assault.
- Identify strategies for addressing challenges in areas outside of Title IX and DHR (i.e. bullying, hate/bias incidents, etc.) that are critical creating a welcoming, inclusive, equitable and just community of care and respect.
- Review and respond to external assessment recommendations.
- The Task Force is also charged to work closely with Cozen O’Connor by providing information,
data, input, support, recommendations, and guidance pertaining to:
- CSU policies that guide matters relating to DHR and Title IX.
- Reporting procedures and how the campus interfaces and coordinates with CSU Office of Title IX and CSU Office of General Counsel.
- The complaint process and resources provided during the investigative process (e.g. police report, early resolution, mitigating steps such as no-contact orders) and the timeline for such processes to reach resolution/findings (including appeal process).
- Information necessary to assess the sufficiency of existing Title IX and Survivor Advocate staffing and resources.
- Data and metrics (case management) contained within the annual Title IX reports that are submitted annually to the Chancellor’s Office.
- Implementing strategies to support cultural change and excellence in sexual harassment and assault prevention, reporting, response, and support.
- Documentation requested by Cozen O’Connor necessary to fulfill the scope of the assessment.
- The Task Force will provide interim reports to the campus president and campus community and their final report with their recommendations by December 2022.