Office of the President
Strategic Plan 2016-2022
Fresno State will implement bold, focused strategies designed to maximize success for our diverse student body. By collaborating with community partners, we will provide a transformative educational experience that prepares students to serve and to lead in the Central Valley, the state, and beyond while improving the overall graduation rate.
Enhance teaching and learning through best practices, innovative programs, and high-impact
experiences that attract talented and diverse students and contribute to retention,
extraordinary learning, the development of the whole student, and lifelong success.
- Access to classes.
- Curriculum and course redesign.
- Co-curricular and student support services promoting engagement and a sense of belonging.
Invest in a dynamic environment to attract, develop, and retain talented and diverse
faculty and staff.
- Strategically develop faculty and staff to support student success.
- Fair compensation to include salary, benefits, and workload.
- Training, leadership, and professional development.
- Aspire to achieve Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" designation.
- Strengthen culture of fairness, respect, diversity, and shared governance.
Align our physical and technological infrastructure to support a sustainable and welcoming
- Modernize and upgrade existing facilities and infrastructure.
- Plan for new facilities and spaces to support enrollment growth.
- Embrace technology to support innovation, teaching and learning.
- Implement innovative parking and transportation strategies.
- Build and operate a healthier, more sustainable campus environment.
Grow and develop collaborative and engaged community partnerships to increase support
for students and the University.
- Support the Central Valley Promise outcomes.
- Increase campus-community connections through service-learning, internships, short courses, continuing education, and community-based problem-solving research.
- Plan and launch a comprehensive campaign to support campus strategic priorities.